Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sucker Punched!

Hi again! Wow! I fell right to sleep once I got home! I was SO tired, I couldn't keep myself awake! I'm sorry I didn't post like I said I would!

Onto the date!

First off, the hair. Ehhhh... Didn't come out too great. Half-way through, I realized I didn't wet it first!! I suck at hair stuff, but wow... So the ends curled, but not much else. I decided that was okay, since I'm learning and I wasn't trying to go for full-out Lolita.

I wore a Lolita skirt and the headdress, but honestly I wasn't aiming at Lolita, not even casual. It's too casual to even be Casual Lolita. I wore a cute shirt I got for my birthday, the only Lolita skirt I own (I have two dresses, but only one two-piece outfit. This one is from my newest Wa-Lolita outfit I bought), some fishnets I bought for a Columbia cosplay, and my favorite pair of shoes. Simple, black, with a tiny little bow on them. I wish I could share pictures, but my family's old computer does not have a flash drive port and I don't have the right cables right now to connect the entire computer.

Now, onto the movie!

Sucker Punch certainly lived up to it's name! My favorite activity while watching movies is the guess what will happen at the end in the first fifteen minutes. My boyfriend can testify that I am almost ALWAYS right. That's the great thing about being a writer. I've read a lot, watched a lot, and played a lot, all while learning how story structure works.

At the end of the movie, I was right with my first few guesses, but I questioned myself a few times, and there was one part I didn't guess at all, so WAM! Sucker punch! It's a movie that you'll want to watch twice, because you want to understand every aspect. Cj and I spent the entire ride home asking questions to one another and figuring out little 'secrets'. :) It was fun.

Also, the outfits were gorgeous. I want to cosplay as Baby Doll, and I can't even decide which outfit I'd chose! There is one silly part where they sort of just... bedazzled her school uniform, which me and Cj giggled at, but even that was still pretty cute.

The characters were likable and well-developed. The fight scenes were INTENSE, so much so that even I got into them when I usually roll my eyes at that sort of thing.

Like I predicted, there is a lot taken from anime and manga, especially in those fight scenes, but it is not the copy+paste I thought it would be, and it's done in such a way that I don't feel cheated or tricked somehow, and I definitely enjoyed the experience.

If you are going to go out to see a movie, Sucker Punch is definitely one you should spend the eight bucks on. <3


But MovieBob puts it much better than me in his review.

On another note, I am getting my computer back on Monday, hopefully! It's been a whole, big, frustrating deal, but it's coming back fixed and purple and hopefully with all of my hard work still in-tact. I have a lot of half-finished stories on that hard drive I couldn't save in time.

So I'm going to wait until then to customize the blog. This computer is much, much too slow to use.

Tomorrow, I'm going to write my response to 'Bioware Neglected Their Main Demographic: The Straight Male Gamer'. As an avid Bioware fan (despite some of their faults), I feel that I should put in my two cents. Guess what? You'll find my two cents add up to that young man being an entitled, sexist, homophobic jerk. But I'll put it in much more eloquent terms than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment