Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just An Update Here

Hey there! It's been awhile since I made a decent post, so I thought I'd type something up real quick. I swear that once I really get down to business and have my computer fixed I'll start making useful/funny posts, but until then this is just going to make sure I KEEP POSTING because if I stop for too long this blog will die just like all of the others in the past. I've been trying so hard to keep it updated that all of these posts have seemed pretty useless and rushed, mostly blathering uselessly. I'm afraid this one won't be much different, since I have no idea what I'm about to write, just like all the other times.

First of all, I've actually had quite a bit to write about lately and I wish I had been able to keep up! I suppose the one big thing are the two little things snuggling against my neck right now. Kittens! So far they are unnamed, but I found two little guys under my house a few weeks ago. It was a challenge to get them out of there, and at first they were very angry with me to say the least. I felt awful for taking them from their mother, but I knew they would suffer if left alone. My goal had been to get all four of the kittens and their mommy in one go, but two of the kittens and the momma have moved. I'm happy I was able to save the two I did find.

One is black and the other is grey and striped. Already the little black one has a home with a friend of my boyfriend, but the grey one is still alone... I wish we could keep him, but my grandmother is terribly against it. It's her home, so I have no right to argue, though I keep trying to trick her into being around the little guy in hopes that she'll fall in love with him. So far, I think I've been a little successful, but she's still against the idea.

Also, I've been getting ready for a local convention that I'm very excited for. This is the first time I've been able to go all-out with Cj. We got a hotel, reserved our tickets, the whole nine yards. I'm so excited!! We are going as Miguel and Tolio from The Road to El Dorado. Of course, since it is a four-day convention I'll also get plenty of chances for my Kigurumi Panda and some decora.

I would usually also throw Lolita on for at least one day, but lately I've been a bit jaded. It seems like every time I get one dress, everyone else I know ends up getting four. It's not like I'm competing, but I just don't have the diversity I wish I could have. For instance; I do not have a single patterned dress. It's not that I never wanted one, but they are just too expensive for me! Even if I did have the money, since I grew up in a lower middle-class home, it's really hard for me to spend that sort of money!

Cj can attest to this. In fact, this weekend there is a fair nearby us, and he wants to go ride the rides. I said he could go ahead, but it's too pricey for me even if he DID offer to buy my tickets! I simply can NOT justify those sorts of prices! A dollar per ticket, and then four tickets to ride a single ride? No, no, no! I can't DO it!! Haha. Every purchase I make, even ones I need, has to be carefully thought out and justified. Sometimes the justification is something along the lines of 'I deserve to splurge a little!', but even then... It's hard for me to use that on anything more then twenty dollars. Even books, which I love, are sacrificed to my frugality. Manga, for instance. I can love a series to death, but how can I spend ten entire dollars on a book I'll finish in under a half-hour!? That's too little for too much!

You see, I'm so cheap! It's probably something I need to get over, but I think it's a good trait more often than a bad one.

But it really hurts the diversity of my Lolita outfits. . .

Well, I think that's enough to keep this bloggy alive for now. I'll try to update with pictures after the convention. 


No comments:

Post a Comment