Tuesday, May 31, 2011

D-d-d-d-d-down With The Sickness!

Oh goodness I have such blog envy.

I need to make mine prettier. Honestly, this is sad. I really need to find a camera and get a nice picture and make a header... Put up a nice background, something not so boring... Oh goodness, what a battle!

Anyway, none of that for right now. I've been really insanely sick for the past four days, and it's been tough. I was supposed to go camping this weekend with Cj, but we had to leave early because it was too hard for me to breath. I've gotten a bit better, but the mornings are awful. I could list the symptoms, but it's literally a mile long, it's like nothing wants to work the way it's supposed to be!

The worst part about having so many things wrong (besides the pain in the butt it is) is that it doesn't matter what medicine I take. I'll take one medicine for one thing, and then that certain symptom will improve, but the rest stick around. Next I'll take a different sort of medicine, and the last thing will come back! It's very frustrating.

The only thing that's made my day better is that I have the most amazing boyfriend. I had muted my phone last night when I went to work (I was called in last-second), and passed out the minute I got home. I forgot to turn my phone back on, and slept until noon. When I woke up I was coughing and hacking. I felt (and looked) really horribly yucky, but there was Cj in my kitchen, offering me some tea and hugs.

He also kept tricking me into kissing him, which is cute even though he's sneaky!

I love that boy.

I really hope I get better soon, because I have a lot to look forward to this weekend. I was hoping to go to the drive-in with Cj to see two movies we both want to watch very badly, and then my best friend is throwing a Lolita Day celebration on Saturday. I feel so gross, but I haven't seen her in a long while, and I haven't had a chance to wear my sweet lolita dress in years, and that's the one I picked... (Because unfortunately I couldn't afford a new one at this time).

I've attempted a few at-home remedies that were very helpful. When I had post-nasal drip two days ago, I was in so much pain I started crying. I was so desperate I tried a DIY cure that involved snorting a mixture of water with a tiny amount of baking soda and salt. It was gross, oh so gross... Oh so very, VERY gross... But it worked magic! The pain was gone within twenty minutes, and it's stayed away. I still have all of the other issues, but they are tolerable compared to that pain.

I'm still trying to work off this sickness as best as I can. Most of all because this might be my last weekend where I'll have free time. Next week I have my first official day of work. If you remember about eighteen sentences back, I said I was called into work, but that was out of necessity. I technically still haven't had my orientation, but I was needed and no one else could come in. Mostly I just stayed in the back and helped clean up because the store was so busy. It was a holiday, so I wasn't surprised. Anyway, I'm very excited to start working, because it's my first step to everything I want for myself in the future.

I want to move out and have my own space, more than just one room. I can't wait to have an entire house to myself (and Cj, of course!). Before that, there are a few little splurges I'm looking forward to. I have a list of so many things I'd like. There are a few expensive things; a lolita dress, a new camera, circle lenses... But mostly it's the little things I'm looking forward to. Being able to buy things for small crafts, and makeup whenever I want it without having to scrimp and save. I mean, I won't just spend all of my money like it's nothing, but a few things here and there would be nice, as long as I'm still saving up.

Well, I suppose I should wrap up my ramblings and attempt sleep. It will be difficult, since I slept so late today and then didn't do much activity-wise because I'm sickyface, but I should at least make an honest attempt. Night night!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Your boyfriend sounds adorable ^_^

    ReplyDelete