Friday, May 20, 2011

Writers Block is Keeping Me From Coming Up With a Clever Title

Hello everyone! I know, two posts within a week of each other, my goodness!

To be honest, the only reason I'm writing a post for this right now is because I have complete and total writers block. I have several stories I want to tell, but they are so convoluted and half-thought up that it's impossible to 'start' them. I could write scenes, true enough, but when I start writing one of the scenes I know takes place I suddenly forget everything I was that piece of the story to mean. Writers block is awful. I have a book for of ideas, but nothing inspires me. It doesn't help that I have to sit here on my bed and attempt to write. If I even for a moment actually get absorbed into the story, my back starts to hurt or a pillow falls on my face or something equally silly. I really need to set up a writing area, I've been planing it for some time.

First, I need to move my desk to catch the light better. Then I'll decorate it a bit, and hopefully find a chair that isn't meant for the reject at thanksgiving dinner. I've been debating trying to steal my sisters, because she never uses her desk. I may ask later on.

So, as long as I am stumped as for actual writing, here is what I have been doing lately and what I hope to do soon!

First of all, I've been organizing things. I find it's easier to keep organized if the devices I use to store items are pretty, so that also means decorating. I've been dressing up boxes to hold makeups, and just generally trying to tame the beast that it my bedroom desks. I have two, yes. One basically acts as a makeup area because I share a house with two women and it's impossible to have the bathroom for a long period of time.

Also, I finally got a job! I know, I probably should have listed that first, but heck it didn't occur to me and I don't edit my blog posts like a responsible young lady should. I'm not working at a nice ice cream shop nearby, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name so I won't. Not that I would ever say anything bad about this place, they probably have the best ice cream on the planet and some really, really great people work there, but I'm just going to be safe about it. I'm very excited to start and try to make the best impression I can!

I've been trying like hell to find a drive-in that Cj and I can go to so that we can enjoy a nice movie-night. I grew up with drive-in's, and it's one of those things I don't want to forget as I get older. Last year I wasn't able to go to a single one because I had no means to do so (no car), but Cj does have a vehicle in which we can travel in, so I'll finally be able to go again! I really wish we hadn't gone to see Thor last week, because a nearby place is playing Thor and Pirates 4 side-by-side. Two movies is usually the standard, by the way. For anyone who has never been to a drive-in movie, you must. It is probably one of the most authentic, fun, and entertaining summer activities that I've ever had.

Plus, it's basically two movies for the price of one, and you are totally allowed to talk because there's no way you're bothering anyone (except the people in your car)!

Sammy is cuddling in my side right now, hugging my arm. It is quite adorable.

And with that little segway, I'm also actively trying to think of something fun to do to celebrate my birthday. I'm thinking maybe a bonfire would be nice. Smores and hot dogs and lots of little buggies biting my arms. We have a nice big backyard, and it would be fun for me and a few friends to just chill out for a bit. Followed of course by all the girls having a sleepover. Yeah, I'm turning twenty and you'll have to deal with it. I will have slumber parties forever.

Well this blog is a jumbled mess of jumping from topic to topic. Apparently my writing problem isn't going to be solved by writing about my day. Oh well! Have a great day/night (depending on when you're reading this!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment